Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pools, Fireworks, and Wedding Dresses OH MY!!!

          Okay, so I am new to the world of blogging and as you probably have noticed, I am not the best at its daily maintenance :P  As much as I would love to write every day - I am just not sure that is possible between the diapers and the baseball games and the dinners....you catch my drift.  So, thank you in advance for your patience as I make room for blogging in my daily routine :o)

ANYWAY...

          Let's talk about the amazing Fourth of July trip we took to Iowa this past weekend.  Thanks to Katie's AMAZING family, we were able to stay with her parents while we were visiting, which was perfect on so many levels.  My family is so grateful to them for providing such a comfortable place for us to stay.  We were looking forward to spending time with my family, whom we don't see nearly enough, and we were also looking forward to the opportunity to just spend time with Katie, Kevin, and the rest of their family.  I could seriously go on and on about how wonderful our weekend was, but because that would read very similar to Katie's post, I am going to provide the top 10 highlights from the trip!!

10. Talking through the interesting/awkward St. Ambrose connections around the pool :P  On another pool party note, it was really great meeting someone who went to high school with my mom.  She even brought me her yearbook so I could see Mom in all her senior-year glory!!  That was really thoughtful and I will always treasure that.

9. Watching everyone go down the pool slide - especially Dan's multiple attempts at surfing upon entry and Kaitlyn's torpedo.  The boys were really hesitant to go down the slide, but just as we all thought, once they did it, they never got off of it!

8. Meeting everyone at the 4th of July Parade and seeing Gianna snuggle with Katie the entire time under the shade of a tree.  I also loved seeing Maicey in her adorable dress and crown!!!  What a princess.

7. Enjoying the food/beverage and entertainment provided by Rob and Kim :o)  I swear Rob never leaves home without his grill or a cut-off!!!  I am actually very thankful for that - the grill that is :P

6. Snuggling on my nephews as well as my bro and sis-in law.  I am so glad we had a chance to spend some time together during their busy trip!!  It was also nice all being together at my aunt and uncle's house.  Their house always feels like home - and I especially appreciate how close I feel to my mom when I am there....and my aunt's delicious cookies!!

5. Kevin giving the boys a shout-out on the radio and seeing Shane's face as we explained to him that everyone could hear it.... "I was on national radio"!!!!  That was too sweet!!

4.Watching the Bettendorf fireworks with my family.  This was the twins' first experience watching fireworks and they were mesmerized.  I think that was the stillest Genevieve has ever been in her life!! 

3.  Seeing Maicey with the girls.  Even though the twins were really shy around her - she still managed to smooch them and love on them!!  She even gave them rings that light up at the fireworks so they wouldn't be afraid of the dark - so, so sweet!!!

2.  Meeting most of the important people in Katie and Kevin's life.  I was touched by all of the people who are inspired by Katie and overwhelmed by all of the love surrounding everyone at all times.  This is the type of family most people only experience when they watch movies people!!!  To see Katie's mom's face when I confirmed she would be a part of the delivery was priceless.

1. Going wedding dress shopping with my little sister and seeing her beautiful face while she was wearing her beautiful wedding dress.  I love her.  I am so proud of her.  I don't tell her that enough.  Sisser - I love you and I am so very proud of you and I am so grateful you found such a loving man and such a loving family to marry into.

Yes - this trip was amazing and I cannot wait to go back soon!  I couldn't help but think about what a neat yearly tradition this trip could become for our families and I hope and pray next year there will be another baby attending all the celebrations for everyone to dote on, and that baby - or babies - will be so incredibly lucky and so irrevocably loved.

~Kanga

No comments:

Post a Comment