Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Meet Me in St. Louis!!

       I am feeling so many emotions in this moment.  I am about to see the long lost sister I never knew I had and we are about to find out the timeline that will change our lives forever.  God amazes me every day with the blessings he scatters along my path.  Katie mentioned this before that so much of this story so far should have sent up red flags for both of us along the way - or made us say - hold on a second, I don't really know this person.  Never once have I EVER felt that way.  I feel like Katie has been in my life forever and adore the idea of our families growing together and building new memories and traditions for the rest of our lives.  My only fear is that by the end of the day, my heart isn't going to want her and Kevin to go back home because I want more time with them.  I want more time to hear their stories.  I want more time for them to spend with my children. The good news is....we have the rest of our lives for that!!
       I can only imagine how Katie and Kevin are feeling in this moment right now.  They are driving to the LOU to see their Kangaroo!!!  I imagine them passing the time during the drive by dreaming about the family they are building.  So much to talk about - names, nursery themes, and baby showers.  I can hear Katie saying "You know Kevin, even if we have a boy, he is still going to dance."  And because I know how supportive Kevin is, he will say - "Of course he will, and I will be right there taking pictures of him."  I am sure they have butterflies in their tummy's like I do!!
       Unfortunately, my husband won't be able to join us for the appointment today because he is on Daddy duty.  We don't have a lot of support in St. Louis when it comes to family who can take care of our children when we have important things to do.  We talked last night and we thought it would be best  if I just go so I can devote my entire attention to Katie, Kevin, and the doctors.  Thankfully, we are all going to meet up afterwards for dinner so we can lay out our plans.  Dan assured me that he is with me in spirit and supports me 100% - WHAT . A . MAN!!  I am such a lucky woman to know he has my back in everything I do.  I am proud to know my children have such an amazing father to idolize and follow.  Please know that I could NEVER give this gift without him.  He is my strength, my advocate, my soul.  Our children play a huge role in this as well - and I will share their perspectives later.
      
Keep us close to your thoughts and prayers today as we hear our futures unfold....

<3 Kanga
      

1 comment:

  1. Your a saint! You inspire me to be a better person every day. I would walk through fire to show my support for you. We need more people in the world like you.
    I love my Kanga...

    ReplyDelete